Hydrogenated Castor Oil Fatty Acid (HCOFA / 12-HSA)
Hydrogenated castor oil is reacted with caustic soda and sulfuric acid in a chemical splitting process to yield Hydrogenated castor oil fatty acid (HCOFA) along with co-products glycerine and sodium sulfate. HCOFA is also commonly known as 12-HSA (12-hydroxy stearic acid) as the 12-HSA fatty acid is the major component of HCOFA.
Grades of HCOFA:
Applications of HCOFA:
- Lubricants: Premium quality greases.
- Cosmetics: Creams, ointments.
- Paints: Resins for high quality automotive, appliance and metal decorative finishes.
- Rubber & PVC: Activator and lubricant.
- Jayant Agro-Organics Ltd.
- Royal Castor Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Adani Wilmar
- Tianxing Biotechnology Co. Ltd.
- N.K. Proteins Pvt. Ltd.
- Gokul Agro Resources Ltd.
- Gokul Agri International Ltd.
- CastorGirnar Industries Pvt. Ltd.