C7 & C11 Derivatives
n-Heptanoic acid is a seven-carbon linear chain saturated fatty acid that can be used in the form of:
- Esters in the flavors and fragrances industry, in cosmetics and in industrial lubricants (aviation, refrigeration, automobile, etc.)
- Salts (sodium heptanoate) for corrosion inhibition.
Thanks to its outstanding anti-corrosion properties and its unique performance level at high and low temperatures. n-heptanoic acid is mainly used in lubricants in refrigeration/air conditioning, aviation, aerospace, automotive, etc.
It has also interesting applications in the form of esters in the flavors and fragrances industry as well as in cosmetics.
n-Heptanal (or n-Heptaldehyde)
- n-Heptaldehyde is a saturated and 100% linear aldehyde.
- n-Heptaldehyde is mainly used as a synthesis intermediate in the manufacture of aromatic chemicals.
This 100% bio-based heptaldehyde is mainly used as a synthesis intermediate in:
- Flavors and Fragrances industry
- Fine chemistry
n-Heptanol is a linear seven-carbon fatty alcohol.
n-Heptanol can be used as a synthesis intermediate in the flavors and fragrances industry, and in cosmetics. It is also employed in more technical applications like in the production of plasticizers for polymer modification.
Undecylenic acid is a fatty acid with a terminal double bond used:
- As synthesis intermediate in the manufacture of aromatic chemicals, polymers or modified silicones.
- In the form of salts in cosmetics for its bacteriostatic properties.
The properties of Undecylenic acid make it an interesting molecule, which can be used as a chemical intermediate:
- In cosmetics: as salt derivatives (Zn/Ca) with bacteriostatic properties.
- In the fragrances and flavors industry as a synthesis intermediate, and also in formulations for its anti-odor properties.
- To produce polymers and modified silicones.
• Arkema – see www.oleris.com for more details.
• NR Oil